1. Cultural exchanges on pedestrian malls
1.1 Street posters. Special Olympics, now global. Dan Widing, US, is a Special Olympics Athlete and Enthusiast, and he spotted a counterpart in Norway. Oslo, Karl Johan's Gate.
- There also is a professional hockey player from Sweden named Daniel Widing. Do a search.
- For travelers with Down Syndrome.
- We usually feel at home wherever we go. One exception: in Germany, at an American chain hotel, moderate level. In the dining room we heard and saw the offense as we were shown our table. "Not normale!" Who's "normal"? Aggression, rudeness and exploitation? We nodded politely, and stayed put. Fine meal.
Then they got thirsty again. Hungry again? No, this is another one. How do they do it? see http://mentalfloss.com/article/20672/how-do-fire-eaters-eat-fire
Pedicabs, Oslo. Karl Johan's Gate, Norway
3. Beginning and ending, Karl Johan's Gate. Oslo Domkirke, Oslo Cathedral. Built 1694 ff. See http://www.oslodomkirke.no/artikler/1183/oslo-cathedral/ This replaced the earlier 12th Century (?) Hallvards Cathedral also in Oslo, that burned; and another replacement that also burned soon after construction.
3.1 Royal Palace, built 1849, at the far end of Karl Johan's Gate. There reside King Harald V and Queen Sonja. Our walk began at the Palace.